1. What are your current CrossFit certifications (and any other fitness/health/nutrition accreditations)?
2. How did you get started with CrossFit?
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification
- CrossFit Level 2 Certification
- CrossFit Endurance Certification
- CrossFit Kids Certification
- CrossFit Mobility
- RKC Instructor – Certified May 2016
- Rowing Seminar w/ 2008 Beijing Olympian Jen Kaido
- Force Barbell Weightlifting Training
- Bob Takano Weightlifting Seminar – August 2013
- Steve Maxwell – Mobility Conditioning Seminar – November 2013
- Olympic Lifting Workshop with Wil Fleming – January 2014
- Business of Excellence – Presented by Ben Bergeron (Owner of CrossFit New England)
- Donny Shankle Weightlifting Seminar – June 2014
- HyperFit Training Camp w/ Doug Chapman
- July 2012
- July 2013
- January 2014
- June 2014
- July 2014
In all honesty, Jared didn’t fall in love with CrossFit the first time he did it. It made him feel awful and thought, that sucked! Jared was a senior at IUPUI and still playing college soccer (2006) when he experienced the “300″ WOD (aptly named after the movie 300 for getting those actors in shape). A year or so later, Jared found “Fran” online while searching videos and decided I was going to give it a try. Again… not so much fun! He still didn’t really understand the “concept” of CrossFit and laugh to this day. He actually created a 6-week training program to help him complete Fran at the prescribed weight. I didn’t realize that Fran was just one of the many battles. It wasn’t until early 2011 when Peter came down to St. Croix (where Jared was living at the time enjoying what he has coined “reverse retirement”) where Peter destroyed him in 3 WODs, 3 days in a row. At that point, the addiction became real. Jared thought he was in the best shape of his life training for triathlons, but little did he know!!! He has never looked back since!!
3. Athletic background and achievements:
- 3rd Team All State Soccer – 2002
- IHSAA Soccer State Finals – 2001 & 2002
- 4×400 Meter Sectional Champions- 2001 & 2002
- IUPUI Division 1 Soccer – 2003-2007
- All- Conference Tournament Team – 2006
CrossFit: Individual Stats
- 2012 CrossFit Open – 39th Place (Central East)
- 2013 CrossFit Open – 53rd Place (Central East)
- 2014 CrossFit Open – 30th Place (Central East)
4. Favorite workout?
- 2014 Great Lakes Invitational – 2nd Place
- 2012 CrossFit Central East Regional – 7th Place
- 2013 CrossFit Central East Regional – 4th Place
- 2014 CrossFit Central East Regional – 2nd Place
- 2014 CrossFit Games – Team Division, 31st in the World
2014 CrossFit Open WOD 14.4- Complete as many rounds and repetitions as possible in 14 minutes of: 60-calorie row 50 toes-to-bars 40 wall-ball shots, 20 lb. to 10-foot target 30 cleans, 135 lb. 20 muscle-ups Rowing, Wall Balls, Toes to Bar, Cleans… all my JAM!
5. Least Favorite workout?
2014 CrossFit Open WOD 14.5 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of: 95-lb. thrusters Burpees Not because the workout itself was the hardest or worst he’s ever been through… BUT because he was destroyed for weeks after that workout. His triceps have never hurt that bad in his life, and he is terrified to ever do that workout again and feel that same pain days after.]]>